So, today I made some yummy jam tarts!
Yeah the jam kinda overflowed because I put too much in… but they tasted good!
255g Plain flour
140g Hard butter
A little water
Various flavours of jam/marmalade
1. Set your oven to gas mark 5.
2. Cut the butter into chunks and rub it in into the flour with your fingertips until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
3. Add the water, a tablespoon at a time, until you have a slightly moist but still firm dough.
4. Roll out your dough to about 5mm – you can vary this depending on how thick you like your pastry.
5. Using a round cutter (or a knife if you don’t have one) cut out your pastry. This mixture makes 12 – 20, depending on how big you make them.
6. Grease a cupcake tray with butter or margarine and gently push your pastry circles in so they fit to the shape of the tray.
7. Put a generous teaspoon of your jam(s) into each tart. You can use any flavours you like – I used strawberry, raspberry, black cherry and lemon curd.
8. Bake for 10-15 minutes and leave for a few minutes to cool down.
9. Enjoy! 😀